|Duration (Hrs)||11 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
1) Understand the purpose for using questions to promote student engagement and learning.
2) Apply considerations in planning the questions.
3) Enact effective Chinese language lessons through questioning.
4) Use questions to check for understanding and provide feedback.
Course dates and time:
1) 08/07/2020 - 30/11/2020: Online learning on OPAL
2) 19/08/2020 (2.00pm-4.00pm): Online session on Zoom
3) 16/09/2020 (2.00pm-4.30pm): Online session on Zoom
Skilful questioning is a fundamental pedagogical skill for every teacher. Ample research evidence points to the integral role skilful questioning plays to inspire learners, to deepen their learning and to stimulate critical and inventive thinking.
This blended learning course comprises online learning and two face-to-face sessions. CL teachers will have an opportunity to learn about the Considerations and Teaching Actions in STP Teaching Areas such as:
1) Planning key questions
2) Using questions to deepen learning
3) Checking for understanding and providing feedback