|Sub-Category||Culture & Literature|
|Duration (Hrs)||3 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the definition and history of Chinese calligraphy, as well as the four treasures of the Chinese study.
2. Understand the artistic appreciation and practical value of Chinese calligraphy.
3. Learn the form, pronounciation and meaning of Chinese characters. Through the evolution of Chinese characters, learn more about the history of China and master the writing of Chinese characters.
4. Understand the inheritance of Chinese calligraphy, and cultivate artistic accomplishment.
The course covers the following contents:
1. The definition and history of Chinese calligraphy.
2. The artistic appreciation and practical value of Chinese calligraphy.
3. The evolution of Chinese characters (e.g. Oracle bone script, bronze inscription script, seal script, clerical script, regular script, running script, cursive script).
4. The inheritance of Chinese calligraphy (e.g. Inscribed bamboo slip, silk manuscript, stone tablet, handwriting book, copy, counterdraw).
5. Famous inscriptions and calligraphers.