|Duration (Hrs)||3.5 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
Course supported by:
After attending the course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the learning objectives and requirements of paragraphs summary.
2. Grasp the teaching strategies of paragraphs summary.
3. Grasp the assessment criteria of paragraphs summary.
4. Designs and plans learning activities of paragraphs summary.
The course includes the following:
1. Brief introduction to the learning objectives and requirements of paragraphs summary.
2. Familiar with the lexical approach of paragraphs summary e.g. extracting the main intent of a lexical block, surfacing key words, organising of ideas and rhetorical of sentences.
3. Through classroom examples discussion participants able to grasp the assessments criteria of paragraph summary i.e. clarity in theme, completeness in sentences, fluency in expressions.
4. Providing short essays for participants to design and plan learning activities.