|Sub-Category||Theories & Practices|
|Duration (Hrs)||6 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
Based on secondary and primary school Chinese textbooks, the course aims to provide participants with cultural and historical knowledge of the various aspects of Singapore Chinese heritages and equip them with relevant teaching strategies to enable them to teach Chinese Language cum culture more effectively and efficiently in the multi-racial and multi-ethnic society.
The course contains two days of 3-hour online lectures. The first session is the introduction of the history and humanities of the local Chinese, whereas the second one is the in-depth appreciation of the local precious cultural heritage. At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Have a comprehensive understanding of the significance of preserving local cultural heritage.
2. Understand the importance of culture and history in language learning.
3. Acquire a comprehensive view of how traditional Chinese culture was transmitted overseas and its relevance to present Singapore
The course includes the following:
A. A Step into History
1. Definitions of Culture and Cultural Heritage.
2. Culture and Language.
B. The light of the City
3. Chinese Immigrants and Traditional Cultural Practices in Singapore.
4. Cultural Heritage: Local Important Tangible and Intangible Cultural Heritage