|Duration (Hrs)||6 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
Course supported by CPDD.
The Certificate in Teaching of Chinese consists of five modules. It aims to equip participants with relevant teaching and assessment strategies to teach Chinese Language more effectively and efficiently in the bilingual environment of Singapore.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the key features of Chinese as Second Language assessment in the context of Singapore.
2. Identify Proficiency Test and Performance Test.
3. Master the alignment of the learning objectives and assessments.
4. Master the assessment of CSL reading comprehension and oral interaction skills through relevant examples.
5. Master the assessment of CSL writing and listening skills through relevant examples.
The course includes the following:
1. The principles, theory and methods of CSL assessment in the context of Singapore.
2. The similarities and differences between Proficiency Test and Performance Test.
3. Alignment of learning objectives and assessments.
4. Reading comprehension test based on text complexity, Bloom's Taxonomy and Webb Depth of Knowledge (DOK).
5. Assessing Oral interaction skills via iMTL.
6. Assessing writing and listening skills.