|Duration (Hrs)||7 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
Course supported by CPDD.
The Certificate in Teaching of Chinese as a Second Language aims to provide participants with theoretical and practical knowledge of the various aspects of second language acquisition and equip them with relevant teaching and assessment strategies to enable them to teach Chinese Language more effectively and efficiently in the bilingual environment of Singapore.
The certificate programme consists five courses. At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Have a comprehensive understanding of the significance of cultural competency in the 21th century.
2. Understand the importance of culture in language learning.
3. Acquire a comprehensive view of the principles, strategies and methods in integrating culture in the teaching of Chinese language.
The course includes the following:
1. Cultural Knowledge and 21st Century Competencies.
2. Definitions and Dimensions of Culture.
3. Culture and Language.
4. Traditional Chinese Cultural Practices in Singapore.
5. The Chinese Syllabus: Language and Cultural Objectives.
6. Cultural Elements in Chinese Textbooks.
7. Integrating Culture into the Teaching and Learning of Chinese: Principles, Strategies and Methods.