|Duration (Hrs)||8 hours|
|Venue||SCCL ( Location Map)|
Course supported by CPDD.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the form of Chinese characters and in relation to the meaning.
2. Grasp the principles of and the methods in designing word games for teaching Chinese characters and vocabulary.
3. Integrate pupils’ learning psychology into stimulating their interests in vocabulary learning.
4. Grasp the strategies in leading pupils in learning Chinese characters using word games.
The course includes the following:
1. Brief illustration on pupils learning characteristics, e.g. cognitive image, intuitive cognition, and long term memory of graphic, concrete and fun objects.
2. The course focuses mainly on gaming, storytelling, word puzzles, rhymes and association of ideas.
3. Some of the suggested classroom teaching strategies are words pictorial illustration, cognitive images, gaming, radical error analysis, homophone analysis, riddles and puzzles, word classifications and verse creations.
4. Content illustration is based on the 1000 words from the ‘Table of Common Used Chinese Characters’.