Nanjing Normal University
Nanjing Normal University
Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Normal School Affiliated to Nanjing Normal University
Teaching and Research Experience
Master Teacher (CL)
Ministry of Education, Singapore
Head of Department, Subject Head & Chinese Language Teacher
Eunos Primary School
2001 - 2012
Kindergarten Teacher’s Normal School affiliated to Nanjing Normal University cum Teachers’ Training Center of Jiangsu Province
1995 - 2001
Other Professional Experience
Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning, Ministry of Education, Singapore
Nurturing Early Learners Educators’ Guide (Chinese Language)
'Management and Leadership in Schools', National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University
Mandarin Testing and Training, Jiangsu Province
1998 - 2001
- Primary School Chinese Language Teaching and Learning
- Preschool Chinese Language Teaching and Learning
- Primary School Chinese Language Teaching and Assessment
- Preschool Chinese Language Teaching and Curriculum Design
Others (awards, contribution, etc)
- National Day Commendation Medal, 2012
- MOE Service Excellence Award, 2010
- National Inspiring Chinese Language Teachers’ Award, 2008
- Cheng, W., Tan, C.L., & Zheng, Y.J. (2017) Come,Let's Celebrate ! Preschool Teaching Activities and Evaluation for Festivals of Singapore. Singapore: NTU-SCCL Press. (ISBN: 978-981-11-1765-7)
- Cheng, W., Tan, C.L., Zheng, Y.J., & Lee, C.K. (2016) Preschool Teaching Activities for Festivals of Singapore (Special Edition) Singapore: NTU-SCCL Press. (ISBN: 978-981-098925-5)
- Cheng, W., Tan, C.L., Zheng, Y.J., & Lee, C.K. (2016) Preschool Teaching Activities for festivals of Singapore. Taipei: EHGBooks Press & Kindle. (ISBN: 978-1-62503-279-9)
- Wan, D.R. (chief editor), Zheng, Y.J. & Chen, G.Q. (vice chief editor cum co-author) (2002) The Characteristics & Attributes of an Early Childhood Teacher. Nanjing: Nanjing Normal University Press.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2015) A Preliminary Discussion on Oral Teaching Methods Used in Primary Chinese Language Classrooms. In Tan, C.L. (Eds.), Deep Teaching: The Teaching Practices and Reflections of Singapore’s Chinese Language Master Teachers (227-251). Taipei: Wanjuanlou.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2014) Teaching for Understanding: Ongoing Assessment in Primary Chinese Language Classrooms. Chinese Language Teaching in Singapore, 2014 (58), pp. 9-11.
- Zheng, Y.J., Tse, S.K., & Cheng, W. (2018) A Case Study on Chinese Preschooler’s Early Writing Developments of Chinese Characters in Singapore. In In Proceedings of The 8th International Conference on Han Characters Education and Research (222-241). Tokyo: The Society of Education for Translation and Cultural Studies in Japan and Chinese.
- Qu, H.W., Cao, L., Lim, B.K., & Zheng, Y.J. (2015, September) An Intervention Study on Using ICT Tools to Improve Students' Motivation of Writing. Paper presented at The 4th International Conference on the Teaching and Learning of Chinese Language As a Second Language, Singapore.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2014) Assessment for Enhancing Understanding, Strategies and Methods for Designing the Unit-based Assessment for Classroom Implementation. Paper presented at International Conference of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, Taiwan.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2013) A Lesson Study on Construction of Scaffolding in Task-based Interactive Oral Teaching for Primary School. Paper presented at 6th International Chinese Conference.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2013) Oral Teaching for Second Language Learners in Singapore, an Example: Oral Teaching Methods Used for Interactive Teaching Package. Paper presented at 3rd Teaching and Learning Chinese as Second Language International Conference, Singapore.
- Cheng, W., Lee, C.K., Zheng, Y.J., & Shi, L. (2016, June). Unlock the limitless imagination using backgrounds, Development and Creative use of Come! Let’s celebrate! Preschool Teaching Resources for Festivals of Singapore. Keynote Address, Early Childhood Education Conference 2016, Singapore.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2017, August). Come! Let’s read! Creating a Conducive Physical Environment at Home for the Conduct of CL Parent-Child Reading Activities. Mother Tongue Language Symposium 2017, Singapore.
- Lim, S.H., Cheng, W., Foo, W.Y., Zheng, Y.J., & Neo, L.H. (2016, August). A Nurturing Environment for Children to Learn Chinese Language.. Mother Tongue Languages Symposium 2016, Singapore.
- Ng, T.C., Chow, F.Y., Zheng, Y.J., Sim, L., & Min, Y. (2016, May). Design of Activity-Based Essay-Writing Lessons (Pri). Teachers’ Conference 2016, Singapore.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2014, August). Learning Chinese is Fun! - Family Activities for Pre-schoolers. Mother Tongue Languages Symposium 2014, Singapore.
- Ng, T.C., Chow, F.Y., & Zheng, Y.J., (2014, April). Holistic Assessment in the Teaching and Learning of Primary Chinese Language. MOE ExCEL Fest 2014, Singapore.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2013, January). Enhancing Chinese Teachers’ Teaching Capacity through Lesson Study. CL HOD Annual Meeting, East Zone COE, Singapore.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2012, September). Effective Use of Oral Interactive Teaching Package. CL HOD Meeting, MTLB, CPDD, Singapore.
- Zheng, Y.J. (2012, April). How to Carry out P1 Oral Interactive Teaching Effectively. CL Teachers’ Professional Sharing, East Zone, Singapore.
- Cheng, W.N., Tan, C.L., Zheng, Y.J., & Lee, C.K. (2016) Preschool Teaching Activities for Festivals of Singapore. Singapore: NTU-SCCL Press.